Your future: designed by Allplan
Since more than 30 years Allplan provides architects, engineers, contractors and facility managers with modern software solutions to design, build and operate awesome buildings. A strong member of the Nemetschek Group, we are a leading provider of building information modeling (BIM) solutions. More than 400 enthusiastic experts in 13 European locations take care that our customers can use innovative tools for demanding architecture- and engineering projects.
For its UK Office ALLPLAN is looking to hire a
Technical Applications Engineer
Ashby de la Zouch, UK
Position – Technical Applications Engineer
Location – UK office
Based in our Ashby-de-la-Zouch, office with travel throughout UK & Ireland expected for both internal and external activities.
Reporting to the Sales Director and working closely with the rest of the team to deliver and support Allplan software portfolio to meet customer’s requirements. This role is part of a technical team, requiring the ability to work with the client to deliver clearly identifiable and repeatable business value and ultimately drives sustainable growth for Allplan. The role is focused on providing support services to our clients, and the product development organizations. It is an expectation that travel to clients, partners, prospects, and Allplan offices (including overseas and sometimes at short notice) will be a normal requirement of successfully executing this role.
- Communicate the value proposition of the Allplan software through demonstrations, presentations, webinars and industry events
- Engaging with customers/prospects to understand their specific business case requirements and devise a suitable plan with salesperson
- Deliver professional and knowledgeable services
- First line technical support services for Allplan products for both UK/Ireland markets Licensing and product training
- Resolution of incidents with problem analysis, liaising with development and support teams to propose the technical solution.
- Excellent communication skills to develop good working relationships with:
- Technical Team – Working as part of the team to maximise the team’s efficiency
- Sales Team – Working closely to position the business value of the software and to drive adoption
- Customers/prospects – Build a positive mutually beneficial relationship with all areas of the organisation
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Graduate in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree
- 1 to 3 years of experience in AEC or Civil/Structural engineering market
- Experience of BIM software an advantage
- Pro-active approach to challenges with good problem-solving skills
- An ability to communicate product issues between customers and colleagues
- Manage and handle multiple commitments simultaneously while working effectively in a dynamic team
- Capable of presenting complex technical concepts in a clear manner to customers through presentations, demonstrations, and proposals
ALLPLAN is a leading provider of Building Information Modelling (BIM) solutions. ALLPLAN has established itself as an innovative leader and is seen in the AEC (Architecture, Engineering, Construction) industry as a competent software partner to architects, civil engineers, contractors and facility managers.
Allplan, the core product, offers flexible and efficient tools for the seamless designing and implementation of visionary architecture and innovative engineering projects. It covers all the application areas of a BIM-oriented CAD system: From simple 2D drawings to 3D models including the determination of quantities and costs.
The Allplan software family makes it possible for all stakeholders involved in the construction project to optimize the entire building process with regard to quality, costs and time management.
For more information, please visit www.allplan.com
To apply for this role please email: Martin Bone - MBONE@allplan.com