Hotfix Allplan 2018-1-1
New features in Actionbar Configurator in Allplan 2018-1-1
Allplan 2018-1-1 comes with a redesigned Actionbar Configurator. The configurator now opens with the Actionbar currently loaded. In addition to editing, deleting or exporting roles, you can create or import your own roles.
Depending on the license you have, you can create up to 20 roles on the Actionbar. Of course, you can reset the Actionbar back to its default settings at any time.
In the previous version, all roles of an Actionbar were combined in a configuration file. You could only configure one additional role freely. To access other roles, you had to load a different configuration file by clicking the ‘Load favorite’ icon. Thanks to the redesigned Actionbar Configurator, you can now access your own roles more easily and intuitively. Therefore, we removed the ‘Load favorite’ icon, which is no longer required.
Actionbar Configurator has two tabs: ‘Configure’ and ‘Manage Roles’.
Using the ‘Configure’ tab, you edit existing roles (including default roles) or you create a new role with its own icon. The new role can be based on a template, which can be empty or predefined.
- The ‘Configure tasks’ area shows the preview.
- You can find all task areas listed alphabetically in ‘Task areas’. You can also select plug-ins.
- The ‘Tools’ area includes all tools and groups of tools of a task area selected.
- Using drag-and-drop operations, you can add task areas, tools or groups of tools to the preview.
- Using drag-and-drop operations, you can remove task areas, tools or groups of tools from a role. Just drag the objects from the preview in the ‘Configure tasks’ area and drop them somewhere else in the dialog box. A recycle bin appears indicating that the objects are being deleted.
- Changes in fixed (gray) areas apply to all roles; changes in variable (blue) areas only apply to the role and task currently selected.
- Right-click to add separators.
- Double-click a name to change this name.
- Use the shortcut menu to copy and insert task areas.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ to save the changes.
- You can now select the new role on the Actionbar.
Using the ‘Manage Roles’ tab, you export or import saved roles.
- Click the ‘Export’ button to save one or more roles selected in the ‘My roles’ area. The program saves the roles as configuration files in *.ACTB format.
- Click the ‘Delete’ button to remove the role selected in the ‘My roles’ area.
- Click the ‘Open file’ button in the ‘Import roles’ area to import a configuration file (*.ACTB; Actionbar_*.XML) with all its roles.
- Using drag-and-drop operations, you can change the sequence of the roles in the ‘My roles’ area.
- Select a role in the ‘My roles’ or ‘Import roles’ area to display this role in the preview at the top.
- To use the role imported, drag it from the ‘Import roles’ area into the ‘My roles’ area. Then click ‘Save’.
- Close Actionbar Configurator and select the role on the Actionbar. To modify the role imported, switch to the ‘Configure’ tab instead of clicking ‘Save’.
Important! Clicking ‘Reset’ on the ‘Manage Roles’ tab undoes all changes, restoring Allplan to its default settings. If you want to use custom roles afterwards, do the following before you reset the configuration: Select the relevant roles in the ‘My roles’ area and click ‘Export’ to save these roles. To use the custom roles again, you must reimport them.
Using custom Actionbar templates created in Allplan 2018-1 and earlier
- When you had loaded a custom Actionbar template before you updated to Allplan 2018-1-1, you can see this Actionbar template after the update.
- You can add default roles to a template. To do this, open Actionbar Configurator on the ‘Configure’ tab and click ‘+ Create new role’ in the ‘Select role’ area.
- Custom templates you had not loaded before you updated to Allplan 21018-1-1 are saved in XML format in the Allplan user folder under \Actionbar. To load these templates, open Actionbar Configurator, select the ‘Manage roles’ tab and click the ‘Open file’ button in the ‘Import roles’ area. You can then drag the required roles into the ‘My roles’ area, thus importing the roles.
Enhanced features since the Allplan 2018-1 service release
We edited and corrected various messages of Quality Reporter. As a result, Allplan is now more reliable.
We adjusted the program icon for Allplan 2018. Now you can easily tell the new icon from the icons of earlier versions.
High-resolution monitors display the Allplan help correctly.
We enhanced WIBU licensing for Allplan in various places.
We enhanced drawing file selection for views and sections in the 'Derived from building structure’ area.
You can assign drawing files to views and sections in the ‘Derived from building structure’ area without problems at any time.
When you open a layout structure favorite, Allplan updates and saves everything correctly.
ProjectPilot starts even after Windows updates.
The ‘Properties’ palette updates more rapidly after changes.
Patterns and style areas in rotated sections look in the layout as they look in the workspace.
We enhanced data setup of layout elements based on drawing files with clipped XRefs.
Allplan saves 2D elements (for example, lines or labels) created directly in the layout.
We enhanced PythonParts in various places.
We enhanced point snap in viewports of the ‘Hidden’ view type.
The Actionbar no longer includes the ‘Open File’ icon at top right. Using this icon, you could select an Actionbar configuration in the previous version. After a first-time installation, Allplan automatically opens the default Actionbar. After a restart, Allplan opens the last Actionbar configuration you used.
It is now easier to select tools in flyouts. In addition, selection is in line with the procedure that is usual in, for example, Microsoft Word: To select a tool, simply click this tool or click, point to the tool and release the mouse button. You can choose the option you want to use. To do this, open the ‘Customize User Interface’ tool, switch to the ‘Actionbar’ tab and choose one of these two options in the ‘Behavior of flyout menu’ area.
We rearranged the tools on the Actionbar.
Allplan now saves custom Actionbars and default Actionbars in *.ACTB format. As a result, Allplan can clearly identify the Actionbars when you open and import them. It is still possible to open and import old Actionbars saved with the prefix ‘ActionBar_’ and the file extension *.XML.
We adapted the Actionbar to Allplan Precast.
When working together using Allplan Share, you have the option to synchronize the Allplan data with the Bimplus model. However, this is not necessary. Consequently, Allplan no longer prompts you to select the data for synchronization.
Allplan uploads a changed drawing file to the Allplan Share project even when you switch to layout editor. When you switch back to drawing file edit mode, Allplan loads the changed drawing file.
When you import an IFCCOLUMN with rounded edges, the cross-section does not change.
We enhanced IFC import of columns.
We enhanced IFC4 import of columns and other objects with several materials.
We enhanced IFC4 import of data created with DDS-CAD.
Allplan imports IFC files created in TEKLA.
The ‘Import IFC4 Data’ tool imports triangulated geometry.
When exporting IFC data, Allplan considers the visibility settings of smart symbol foils and layers.
When exporting DWG data, you can use configuration files from earlier Allplan versions.
We enhanced the ‘Select Elements Fully Bounded by Selection Window Only’ selection option for walls: Selecting a single layer of a multi-layer wall no longer selects the entire wall.
The ‘Transfer Attributes’ tool lists and transfers all attributes assigned to railings.
You can add custom entries to the list boxes for selecting attributes in dialog boxes. Allplan saves new custom entries correctly in the attribute default value file (*.ASW), displaying the custom entries again the next time you open the dialog box.
The ‘Modify Attributes’ tool always shows the real attribute value.
Allplan Bridge plug-in
We rearranged the tools in the task areas of the ‘Bridge Construction’ role on the Actionbar.
You can open the help for the 'Allplan Bridge’ plug-in straight from Allplan.
We updated the installation data of the ‘Allplan Bridge’ plug-in.
We enhanced installation. Setup no longer includes Chinese characters in the paths.