Open BIM Program
OPEN BIM is a progressive, future-proof approach to AEC collaboration. It helps connect stakeholders such as software vendors, software users (architects, engineers and builders) as well as clients/owners to co-create great buildings. OPEN BIM is the only data management method that ensures long term data sovereignty for builders and operators.
OPEN BIM is based upon open standards such as IFC from buildingSMART. ALLPLAN and the Nemetschek Group fully support buildingSMART’s openBIM program. We are also fully dedicated to the high quality standards defined by our OPEN BIM Charter and represented by our OPEN BIM logo.
- Interoperability between project stakeholders must not be used as grounds for competition.
- Free choice of software in project work must be a basic right for any project stakeholder.
- Proprietary format mandates must not be used to exclude candidates from project work.
- Interoperability should be facilitated via development and support of open standards.
- Rigorous testing and certification criteria is a must for quality support of open standards.
- Industry stakeholders must publicly endorse and promote OPEN BIM in the AEC/O community.
CANTONAL HOSPITAL ST. GALLEN
St Gallen, Switzerland
The Cantonal Hospital St. Gallen has been expanded. This affected several buildings. The entire project had a total construction cost of 587 million Swiss francs. The expansion was built in two different planning and construction phases.
High-rise Giessen Tower
Dübendorf (ZH), Switzerland
The city of Dübendorf, located on the eastern edge of Zurich, plans to develop sustainably in the coming years. New districts will emerge, centers will be enhanced and new living space will be created. The approximately 85-meter-high Giessen Tower will be a future landmark in the region.
The design of the “ristav Cube” uses a sustainable timber construction with solid wood walls and ceilings, combined with a reinforced concrete core as thermal storage. The building has a gross floor area of 2,660 square meters spread across four levels.
ALLPLAN, GRAPHISOFT®, Tekla® and other members of the buildingSMART® alliance launched a global program to promote OPEN BIM in the AEC industry. The OPEN BIM community is constantly growing. Here, you will find a list of the major partners of OPEN BIM. To enjoy all these benefits, you are most welcome to join the OPEN BIM community today!