New Features in Allplan 2024 Release Candidate
Setup & installation
- New options in MSI setup: Automated Connections and Formwork.
- Error message in case of failing installation and link to the log file.
- Continue with the installation even if the requirements are not fulfilled.
- The finding of incorrect data with the Allplan Quality Manager has been improved.
- Improvements in data healing, which is selected from the 'File' menu.
- Mouse wheel zoom in/out, projection, view types and navigation mode for the preview of documents in ProjectPilot.
- Preview of resources in ProjectPilot.
- Drawing files, filesets and layouts can no longer be moved or copied to the external path in ProjectPilot.
- NDW files can no longer be imported in ProjectPilot.
- Export of authorized project users in CSV format in the 'Project and Resource Management'.
- Permission for editing the building structure by users can be set.
- Significantly faster switching between wizards without delays or loading times.
- Takeover of other properties from wizards and change of wizard possible while tool is open.
- New structure of content inside the surface library with updated previews.
- New unit of length 'US Survey Feet'. Can be set in the options and the dimension line parameters.
- The profile catalog is localized when downloading from Bimplus.
- Correct adaptation of the text leader in the layout editor in case of different scales in the plan element.
- Elipse as a new type of border for labeling the axes in the axis grid.
- Size of the layout window can be changed via handles and via the 'Modify Offset' tool.
- New BIMCollab plugin (Technical preview).
- New GIS Connector in the 'Teamwork' task area to get GIS data (terrain, buildings, contours) from openGIS providers. (in progress)
- New Content Connector in the 'Teamwork' task area for accelerated download of content (surfaces, 3d objects) from mtextur and 3dWarehouse.
- Referencing IFC files when inserting custom XRefs.
- Xplan: Support landscape and urban planing.
- New archiving format and optional export of room geometry during PDF export.
- IFC 4.3 import for Infrastructure and Construction segment.
- New file 'Open' & 'Save' dialog.
- New unified progress bar.
- New appearence of the global and local coordinate system.
- Rearrangement of the tools in the 'File' menu.
- Fly mode separately selectable.
- Saving of the color coding in the favorites.
- Extended custom sorting on up to 6 attributes.
- Accelerated object palette for handling complex building models (UI & data handling).
- Advanced attribute sets for addressing all IFC entities and predefined types.
- Update attributes used in another project.
- Structured containers: Attributes and labels permanently added to sub-objects.
- Attribute addressing by UUID for cross-project use of newly created labels, formulas, attribute sets and reports that use user attributes.
- Associative architectural legends regardless of the state of the loaded model. Rooms and finishes are also taken into account.
- Graphical display of curved objects (general 3D elements) in reports and legends.
- Date and time format in reports taken from the Window settings.
Displaying and visualizing the model
- 'Ambient Occlusion' available for view types that use the RT_Render rendering method.
- Direct connection to Twinmotion for real-time visualization.
- Faster renderings with Maxon's Redshift renderer.
Views and Sections
- Extended labeling options.
- Multimodification for section bodies.
- Improvements for Precast workflows including the introduction of a local coordinate system.
- Labeling of the axis grid always correctly readable according to the setting in the options.
- Automated connections for structural framing objects that were created with profiles from the Nemetschek Profile Catalog.
- Creation of inclined structural framing columns.
- Connection of structural framing objects with the 'Join Linear Components' tool. The object is always adapted to the min-max box of the other object.
- Use dual profiles that can be downloaded from Bimplus.
- New label for structural framing objects.
- Display of the local coordinate system at the ends of the structural framing objects.
- Modify the distance between the anchor point and element point via handles.
- New user interface of the facade tool with the possibility to use door/window SmartParts as facade components.
- New parametric SmartParts in the Allplan standard library.
- Improved Folding and Sliding Door SmartParts.
- 'Create wall openings' and 'Create slab openings' tools usable in circular/spline components and foundations.
- Direct object modification for architectural components (slab, foundation slab, recess/niche, corner window).
- Correct creation of openings, recesses and niches in circular/spline components.
- Correct representation of area elements (pattern, style area) in circle/spline components.
- Facing also possible at the bottom.
- Individual surface display for facings can be assigned directly.
- Correct connections between circular and straight architectural components (single-layer components).
- Well-known workflows from reinforcement views also possible in views and sections.
- PythonParts Examples for the 'Extrude Bars Along Path' and 'Sweep Bars Along Path' tools in the Etc folder.
- Labeling of attributes as 'Custom text'.
- Taking into account the factor set in the options for the diameter for collision control of bar reinforcement.
- Better collision control between different objects, such as bars and fixtures.
- New entries 'Bar reinforcement' and 'Mesh reinforcement' in the 'Element Filter'.
- Placements with input option 'Align' in an isometric view or in the animation window.
- Edit reinforcement in an isometric view or in the animation window.
- Display segment at right angles to the observer as a dot.
- New Dextra couplers: Bartec®, Griptec®, Groutec®.
- Automated Reinforcement: New tool for creating the reinforcement required to connect two walls.
- Automated Reinforcement: Improvements for automatic column and wall reinforcement.
Precast Applications & Components
- Fixtures as single elements in the library.
- Handles for fixtures.
- Automatic rotation for fixtures.
- Use of imperial units in multiple precast catalogs possible.
- New user interface for Precast Element, MSA Reinforcement Group and Assembly Group.
- Improvements Object Tree for Precast Objects.
- New formwork planning for walls.
- New excavation pit modeler for groundwork planning.
- Takeover of a path for the axis input of bored pile and soldier pile walls.
- Dimension lines for bored pile and soldier pile walls.
- Height connection of bored pile and soldier pile walls to standard planes.
- Reports for bored pile and soldier pile walls.
- Connection of existing soldier pile walls with infills.
- Creation of a 3D body to be used as a drilling template for bored pile walls.
- Reinforcement for bored pile walls.
- Linear placement of an existing ground anchor.
- Change the numbering of selected ground anchors.
- Transfer selected parameters of a ground anchor.
- Modelling and drawing output of parametric road intersections.
- IFC data preperation - preservation of attributes after model update.
- Visual grouping of multiple nodes.
- Deactivation of nodes.
- Evaluation of multiple branches.
- New tooltip for nodes in the library and on the canvas.
- Simplified display at lower zoom level.
- Searching for existing nodes and groups.
- Place VS-PythonPart with mouse click.
- Support image in the palette for VS-PythonPart.
- Write Py code with external editor.
- New .pyp version to protect the original graph.
- Auto backup.