BIM: the digital working method for the building industry. What is BIM? Good reasons for BIM.
What is BIM?
BIM (Building Information Modeling) is the digital working method for the building industry. BIM adds value by enabling people, processes and tools to work together effectively over the entire life cycle of a building. A building project therefore has greater transparency and quality, as well as more reliable costs and schedules.
Good reasons for BIM
Via the central building model (BIM coordination model), the BIM working method permits the cross-disciplinary planning, construction and operation of buildings. With BIM software, all relevant information is merged and then analyzed. Inconsistencies and errors are identified immediately and can be eliminated in the planning phase. This increases planning quality, which pays off in the building process and in the operational phase.
- All those involved access the same information.
- Important decisions can be made earlier.
- The building process runs more quickly and smoothly.
The basis for successful BIM management
- All the relevant information is centrally merged.
- Verifications and evaluations can be easily derived from the components.
- This forms the basis for successful BIM management.
Achieving success with the right software
- The software and BIM strategy should be compatible.
- The software supports cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- The entire life cycle of a building is covered.
Stay competitive with BIM
- With BIM, you remain competitive and forward-looking.
- With BIM, you execute building projects successfully.
- With BIM, you increase and preserve the value of the building.
Optimal solution: Allplan Bimplus for interdisciplinary cooperation on BIM projects
Allplan Bimplus is a powerful tool for cross-system and interdisciplinary cooperation. bim+ is open to all software in the construction sector, collaboration via standard formats such as IFC and BCF – or via the API programming interface.
- Open to any construction industry software.
- Supports BIM working methods.
- Access your projects anywhere, anytime.